Upturn Arts Summer Camp Classroom Assistant (CA) | Application deadline: April 29th
Upturn Arts is currently looking for Classroom Assistants (CA) for our 2021 Summer Art Camp through the Americorp Wave Corp program at Tulane University. CAs will provide support to our teaching and administrative staff during our summer camp. All members will attend professional development courses on how best to support our teaching staff through social emotional learning and positive behavioral management.
Students who require extra academic support will be partnered with a service member for sessions focused on achieving grade-level by understanding core standards.
We are looking for individuals with prior experience working or learning with students from an array of marginalized circumstances, diverse abilities and learning environments with a majority of students of color and/or learning english as a 2nd language. We value an approach to our programming that is rooted in an intrinsic respect for each student’s agency, health, and creative freedom. The CAs will be helping insure the structural integrity and collective responsibility of their coworkers and students; supporting our experience, dedication and joy for arts education and fun!
- Reporting to the Lead Teacher and Teaching Artist
- Assisting student learning in all art forms including music, theatre, visual Arts, and dance
- Assist students with academic subjects due to learning loss
- Working ages ranging from 4-14 years old
- Assisting with performances, recordings, virtual lessons
- Developing and applying techniques and skills using positive reinforcement, trauma informed approaches, and individualized attention with respect and an open mind
- Completing required Professional Development
- Must be 18 years of age by May 31, 2021
- Availability from June 1st- Aug 6th, Monday-Friday from 8 AM – 5 PM
- Temporary position offered for the duration of camp
- Bi-Weekly Stipend of $513
- Education award of $1000 given at the end of service term
Interested candidates should email a resume and any other information they feel is relevant to email@example.com no later than April 29th AND have completed an application profile on My Americorps Log In and complete the following Americorp application including two reference forms no later than May 6th. More information on the Wavecorps program is available via this link.
Upturn Arts is a fun and creative program that teaches children in the New Orleans community to build confidence in themselves as artists.
About Upturn Arts:
Upturn Arts is located at 1719 Toledano St. in Central City, just one block off of St. Charles Ave and is easily accessible to public transportation. The priority of Upturn’s programming is to cultivate a fun, safe, accepting, and creative community for youth ages 4-14 to develop confidence and skillsets through artistic expression. Our organization provides dance, music, visual arts, and theater classes to New Orleans youth throughout the year and with camps available during holiday and summer breaks. Each young artist explores mediums of creative expression and develops their own artistic voice. Classes and camps are provided on a sliding scale with grants given to at least 50% of the children who attend. The ultimate goal is to provide “Arts for All”.