Professional Teaching Artists:
We are looking for professional working artists who can share their knowledge and skills with some fabulous New Orleans children ages 3 -16. We want instructors who can join our established arts organization and help us positively encouraging students to experience and create all kinds of art.
Preference will be given to teachers who already have a proven curriculum that they have used successfully before. We teach a wide range of age levels so it is also important that you understand age appropriate teaching methods. But if you have some experience, great energy and honor the creativity in our young people we want to talk to you too.
EXPERIENCE working with children is a MUST for this job! Interested candidates should email a cover letter, stating your teaching philosophy, and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Arts Education Camp Classroom Assistant
Upturn Arts is a fun and creative arts program that teaches children in the New Orleans area to explore and build confidence in themselves as artists.
During the summer of 2017, Upturn Arts will offer a 10-week program for three ages groups: 3-5 years old, 6-8 years old and 9-12 years old. The organization is looking for four (4) classroom assistants to work 20-24 hours a week for the entire summer. Shifts are 4 hours long.
This position is geared toward students of dance, music, theater, and/or visual arts currently majoring in arts education and/or preparing to teach K-12. Classroom assistants work side-by-side with the master instructors of Upturn Arts’ summer arts camp.
Camp runs in bi-weekly sessions, Monday through Friday, from June 5 – August 11 (with no camp on July 3rd and 4th) from 9:00 – 4:00pm. Every Friday, young artists ages 6-12 take a field trip (except July 7 and August 11). The sessions run:
June 5 – 16: Recycle Camp
June 19 – 30: Camp Nola
July 5, 6, 7: Red, White and Blue Camp
July 10 – 21: International Camp
July 24 – August 4: Superhero Camp
August 7 – August 11: Camp Explore
Classroom assistants must:
- Have completed high school (some college preferred)
- Have knowledge/experience of the arts
- Have experience working with children
- Commit to all 10 weeks of camp (vacation days are acceptable with proper notice)
- Attend the Upturn Art’s Professional Development trainings to be held on Tuesday May 16 and Thursday May 18 from 4:00-8:00pm
- Able to pass a background check
- Have reliable transportation, or ability to use public transportation effectively. Upturn Arts is located at 1719 Toledano St., just one block off of St. Charles Ave and is easily accessible to public transportation.
Pay is $10.00 an hour.
The deadline to apply is March 17. Interviews will be held starting March 1 and positions will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Alli Craig – email@example.com.