At Upturn Arts, every hour is used to create and every student is encouraged to evolve by exploring and investigating their imagination. We are able to provide this environment because of the opportunities our donors create.
Upturn Arts wants to be the cause of creativity with our mission to provide “Arts for All”. Our creARTive grants subsidize the cost of tuition for low- and middle-income families. This program is intended for all young artists to experience something creatively unique, regardless of the family’s financial situation. 50% of the children who attend Upturn Arts’ programming do so with a creARTive grant.
To see if you qualify for a creARTive grant for your young artist(s), see the chart* below based on household size and yearly gross income:
creARTive grants are NOT applied retroactively. Please DO NOT register for a session and then apply for a grant. Any registration fees incurred prior to a grant application submission must be paid in full before a grant will be offered.
|Household Size||Yearly Gross Income||Yearly Gross Income||Yearly Gross Income||Yearly Gross Income||Yearly Gross Income|
|YOU PAY:||10% of Tuition||25% of Tuition||50% of Tuition||75% of Tuition||100% of Tuition|
*Based on the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines chart from the Department of Health and the Pew Research Center income calculator.
Proof of income must be provided in order to receive funds. This includes:
2019 tax return with children listed as dependents
- If married and filing separately, both parents’ tax returns must be submitted.
2018 tax return with children listed as dependents plus 3 months of the most recent pay stubs in lieu of 2019 tax returns before April 15th, 2020
- *If married and filing separately, both parents’ tax returns must be submitted.
- Form 4868 (IRS Tax Extension) in lieu of 2019 tax return after April 15, 2020
Proof of SNAP, free school lunch, and/or TANF.
We realize that not all parent/guardian situations are the same. if you are unable to provide the documentation listed above but believe you qualify for a creARTive grant, please contact us as soon as possible. We will work with you on a case-by-case babsis.
All submission should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration for camp opens.
- Proof of income is submitted annually to email@example.com.
- A unique code is provided via email for registration.
- Input the unique code at checkout.
- Receive grant discount.
- Get creARTive at camp!
- Please DO NOT register for a spot and THEN apply for a grant. creARTive grants will not be offered retroactively and all fees will be due before a grant will be offered for future camps.
- Once proof of income is submitted, your award eligibility is valid until the following tax season. Your award will be activated on a per session basis pending space and availability of funds.
creARTive grants are offered on a first-come, first-served, rolling basis. Grants are limited and registration is required. A grant is only guaranteed once registration is complete. These funds are applied to tuition costs only and are not valid for registration and supply fees or before and after care costs.
Young Artists with an outstanding balance will not be considered for future grants until the balance is paid off.
SUMMER CAMP GRANTS will be awarded for a maximum of two 2-week sessions or a total of 4 weeks. Young artists requesting more than the maximum can either 1) Be placed on a session’s waitlist for both space and funds, or 2) Pay for the session in full.
Payment plans are available in addition to the grants.
Want to donate instead? Your investment can help create something that may not have otherwise evolved naturally and will guarantee a future full of artists, inventors, and original thinkers.
It’s easy. Make a donation here: http://upturnarts.org/donate-2/