verb (used with object), created, creating.
1. to cause to come into being, as something unique that would not naturally evolve or that is not made by ordinary processes.
2. to evolve from one’s own thought or imagination, as a work of art or an invention.
3. to be the cause or occasion of; give rise to: to cause to happen; bring about; arrange, as by intention or design:
At Upturn Arts, every hour is used to create and every student is encouraged to evolve by exploring and investigating their imagination. We are able to provide this environment because of the opportunities our donors create.
Upturn Arts wants to be the cause of creativity with our mission to provide “Arts for All”. Our creARTive grants subsidize the cost of tuition for low- and middle-income families. This program is intended for all young artists to experience something creatively unique, regardless of the family’s financial situation. 50% of the children who attend Upturn Arts’ programming do so with a creARTive grant.
To see if you qualify for a creARTive grant for your young artist(s), see the chart below based on household size and yearly gross income:
|Household Size||Yearly Gross Income||Yearly Gross Income||Yearly Gross Income||Yearly Gross Income||Yearly Gross Income|
|YOU PAY:||10% of Tuition||25% of Tuition||50% of Tuition||75% of Tuition||100% of Tuition|
Proof of income must be provided in order to receives funds. This includes:
- 2017 tax form* for the Head of Household listing the young artist(s) as a dependent(s)
*If married and filing separately, both tax returns must be submitted. If the current year’s taxes have NOT been filed, submit the previous year’s return(s) along with the last 4 most current pay stubs showing YTD totals.
All submission should be emailed to email@example.com.
- Registration for camp opens.
- Proof of income is submitted (one time*) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A unique code is provided via email for registration.
- Input the unique code at checkout.
- Receive grant discount.
- Get creARTive at camp!
- Once proof of income is submitted, your award eligibility is valid until the following tax season. Your award will be activated on a per session basis pending space and availability of funds.
creARTive grants are offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Grants are limited and registration is required. A grant is only guaranteed once registration is complete. These funds are applied to tuition costs only and are not valid for registration and supply fees or before and after care costs.
Payment plans are available in addition to the grants.
Young Artists with an outstanding balance will not be considered for future grants until the balance is paid off.
Want to donate instead? Your investment can help create something that may not have otherwise evolved naturally and will guarantee a future full of artists, inventors, and original thinkers.
It’s easy. Make a donation here: http://upturnarts.org/donate-2/