At Upturn Arts, every hour is used to create and every student is encouraged to evolve by exploring and investigating their imagination. We are able to provide this environment because of the opportunities our donors create.
Upturn Arts wants to be the cause of creativity with our mission to provide “Arts for All”. Our creARTive grants subsidize the cost of tuition for low- and middle-income families. This program is intended for all young artists to experience something creatively unique, regardless of the family’s financial situation. 50% of the children who attend Upturn Arts’ programming do so with a creARTive grant.
The creARTive grant process is a little different for 2021.
Already received a grant in 2021? No need to re-apply for a grant for a different session. Your grant level is secure until new information is required in 2022. However, all registrants will need to contact our financial review committee at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a new code for the current session. Email your name, child’s name, and session dates you are interested in.
Please read the following before you submit a new grant application:
- Determine your family’s grant level based on the 2021 Income & Household Size here: http://bit.ly/GetCreARTiveChart
- Complete and submit the creARTive grant form HERE or at the link below.
- One of the following must be submitted in order to receive an offer:
- 2020 tax return
- Proof of Unemployment for the last 3 months.
- 2019 taxes and last 3 months of pay stubs
- Proof of SNAP
- Proof of TANF
- Once your application is submitted to our financial review committee, please allow 7-10 days for your application to be processed. Upon approval, our registration manager will then send you a coupon code for registration. Coupon codes are not retroactive. Please apply for a grant BEFORE you register.
- All grants are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Session availability is dependent on space and funds available.
- Once Grant codes are sent out, grantees have one (1) week to register in order to guarantee a spot and grant.
- Any expired grant codes will not be honored and the space and funds will be given to a family on the waitlist.
- Apply BEFORE you register. Coupon codes are not retroactive. Fees may occur if your registration has to be canceled.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please email email@example.com.