Thomas Mann Studio Workshop at Upturn Arts
Metalsmithing & Jewelry Assemblage
Upturn Arts is offering a new and exciting workshop that introduces participants to the world of metalsmithing and the ART of assemblage jewelry! We’re teaming up with Guest Metal Artist, Thomas Mann, to help you and your child create a unique, one-of-a-kind ornament for your home.
Participants will learn the following jewelry making & metalsmithing skills:
– Assemblage design principles
– Cold Connecting
– Chasing (Metal Stamping) & Electro-Etching
– Surface Finishing
To make a very personalized design, participants should bring little bits such as metal, plastic or wood beads or charms and small keepsakes to attempt to incorporate into your ornament. There are no guarantees that all “bits” will be able to be drilled, so please bring many options. A selection of “bits” will also be provided for variety or if yours can’t be drilled.
Adult & Child Workshop | 4:00-6:00 pm
– Limit one (1) child per adult
– Age Limit: 4 years and up
– Families will take home one piece they have created together
*Limited creARTive grants are available. Please email email@example.com for more information or to apply.
Adults 21+ Workshop | 6:00-8:00 pm
– Adults will make one (1) ornament and be offered one (1) FREE glass of wine
– Advanced techniques may be taught
– Participants should bring a COPY of a cherished photo to capture in the piece. Your photo should be no larger than a 1” x 1” square. Note: Slight cropping of the image may occur. Do not use an original image since it will be permanently captured in the piece.